This was a meal that I came up with spontaneously as I had a fridge with a random assortment of food that I needed to use up before going away for a few days and this was the result! It may sound a bit different but give it a try and see what you think. I certainly enjoyed it and hope you do too!
Turkey Steak with Creamy Qunioa and Bulger Wheat Stir Fry
Preparation: Couple of minutes
Cooking time: under 20minutes
For the steak:
- 1 turkey steak
- Black pepper
For the stir-fry
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 4-5 chesnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 red pepper (diced or sliced)
- Few leaves of spinach
- Olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp marscapone
- Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 20grams grated cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup cooked bulgar wheat
- Heat small amount of olive oil in a deep frying pan and sauté the onions and mushrooms until softened. In another pan start cooking the turkey steak brushed with a little oil and seasoned with some freshly cracked black pepper.
- While that is cooking add the red pepper and bulgar and qunioa to the mushrooms and onions and stir fry. Season with paprika and black pepper and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Turn the turkey steak.
- Stir in the marscapone to the other pan and also add the grated cheese. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- The turkey steak should almost be cooked by now (follow timings on packaging)
- Add the greek yogurt and spinach to the stir fry mixture and stir.
- After checking the turkey is cooked through, place on a plate and add the juices to the other pan. Serve the stir fried accompaniment alongside the turkey or spread it out across place the turkey on top.
Hope you enjoy this recipe,
Instagram: @HCRinstacam Twitter: @Hldcblog