Baked salmon with lemon and dill served with roasted vegetables
This is a great weekday evening meal after a busy day at work. It is quick to prepare, quick to cook and requires minimal washing up at the end (always a plus point in my book!)
For the salmon:
- Juice from a quarter of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dill (or enough to lightly dust the top of the salmon)
- Black pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- 1 salmon fillet
For the vegetables:
- 4 or 5 medium sized mushrooms or a handful of button mushrooms
- 1 large plum tomato cut into wedges
- 1/2 a red pepper sliced
- Olive oil
- New potatoes
- Salad leaves
1.Pre-heat a fan oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place salmon fillet on a medium sized piece of foil.
3. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top then sprinkle the dill, some of the paprika, and black pepper over the top.
4. Add the vegetables to either side of the salmon fillet and drizzle some oil over the top (around 1-1 1/2 tsp).
5. Sprinkle on the remaining paprika and some black pepper. Add some balsamic glaze too.
6. Wrap the foil around the salmon to make a parcel and place in the oven to cook for approx. 18mins.
7. While the salmon and vegetables are cooking cook the potatoes.
8. Serve with salad leaves or uncooked baby spinach.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Feel free to tweet me @hldcblog or check out my Instagram (@HCRinstacam) which is updated daily with tastbud-tempting food pics prepared by myself!
Have a great day,