This is a great little sauce which can be whipped up at a moments notice as a topping for Greek yoghurt, other fruit, frozen yoghurt, pancakes or ice-cream. I particularly like it swirled through a bowl of Greek yoghurt as it makes for a delicious healthy instant fruit yoghurt without the ridiculous number of thickeners and stabilisers etc that are added to the majority of commercially produced yoghurts. This version is sugar and sweetener free too. So, want to know how to make it? Here you go!
- Approx. half a handful of ripe fresh blueberries
- A splash of water
- Pop the blueberries and water into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30secs (800W)
- Remove, stir and replace for a further 10secs.
- Stir until blended.
- Serve immediately or wait to cool.
Note: Adjust the time slightly depending on the Wattage of your microwave
It’s so simple, isn’t it!
- Why not try with other soft fruits e.g. raspberries, blackcurrant
- Use frozen rather than fresh berries. During the winter months I always keep a selection of frozen berries in my freezer which I can use to make the sauce but I find when using frozen berries it is best to add a little maple syrup/honey to sweeten.
P.S I’d love to see how you serve this so feel free to tweet me @hldcblog or #hldcblog. Also I’m on Instagram daily @HCRinstacam.
Have a wonderful day,